With the start of winter, most people are all about getting themselves healthy, and this is a good time to stock up on the items that you need to be your best! We’re talking about healthy food like fresh fruits and vegetables as well as supplements.
Why It’s Important to Get Healthier Now
There are a few key reasons why it’s important to get healthier now, before winter really sets in. For one, your immune system will be stronger and better able to fight off any cold or flu that comes your way. Additionally, you’ll have more energy to enjoy all the fun winter activities like sledding and ice skating. And finally, getting healthy now can help prevent those dreaded holiday weight gain pounds.
So what are some of the best ways to get healthier this winter? First, make sure you’re eating a nutritious diet that’s rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Secondly, supplement your diet with vitamins C and D to further boost your immune system. And finally, get plenty of exercise—aim for at least 30 minutes most days of the week. By following these simple steps, you can stay healthy all winter long!
What You Can Do To Improve Your Health This Winter
There are a few things you can do to improve your health this winter. Some simple changes in your routine can make a big difference in how you feel.
- Get more sleep. During the winter, it’s natural to want to hibernate and sleep more. Taking advantage of this by getting an extra hour or two of sleep each night can help improve your overall health.
- Eat healthy foods. It’s tempting to indulge in comfort foods during the winter, but eating nutritious meals is important for maintaining your health. Make sure to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly. It’s easy to let your workout routine slide during the colder months, but staying active is important for your health. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise every day, even if it’s just a brisk walk around the block.
- Take supplements. Certain supplements can help boost your immune system and keep you healthy during the winter months. Talk to your doctor about which ones are right for you.
- Wash your hands often. One of the best ways to prevent getting sick is by washing your hands regularly with soap and water. Be sure to do this especially after being in public places where you may have come into contact with germs
My Favorite Supplements and Products for this Season
There are a few key supplements and health products that I love to take and recommend during the winter months. Here are some of my favorites:
- Vitamin D3: This is a great supplement to take year-round, but especially in the winter when we don’t get as much sun exposure. Vitamin D helps with calcium absorption, strengthens bones, and can boost your mood.
- Omega-3 Fish Oil: Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are great for heart health, brain function, and joint health. I like to take fish oil capsules or add a teaspoon of liquid fish oil to my smoothies.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are live bacteria that help keep your gut healthy. They’re great for overall digestive health and can also help boost your immune system. I like to take probiotic capsules or drink raw, unpasteurized sauerkraut juice.
- Elderberry Syrup: Elderberry syrup is a traditional remedy for colds and flu. It’s high in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. I like to take a tablespoon of elderberry syrup at the first sign of any illness.
- Bone Broth: Bone broth is rich in minerals and collagen, which is great for gut health, skin elasticity, and joint health. I like to make my own bone broth or buy it from a trusted source such as Kettle & Fire bone broth.
There you have it! Our top picks for the best health products and supplements to get this winter. We hope that our list has helped you find some new products to try out and that you’ll be able to stay healthy all season long. Do you have any favorite health products or supplements that you always make sure to stock up on during the winter? Let us know in the comments below!