What starts out as a simple recipe for homemade baby wipes can become a tedious process if you don’t have the right materials at home. This article breaks down what you need and shares some easy substitutions to make it easier on yourself.
Why Make Baby Wipes?
If you are like most new parents, you are already stocking up on Baby Diaper Wipes and other baby supplies. In addition to a necessary baby bathtub, sometimes you need to clean your baby on the go.Why not use what you have at home to make your own wipes? Here are four reasons why you should make your own baby wipes:
1. You Save Money. Store-bought baby wipes can be expensive, averaging around $3 per box. Making your own wipes will only cost you a fraction of that, usually about $0.50 per batch.
2. You Can Control The Ingredients. Store-bought baby wipes are often loaded with harsh chemicals and fragrances. Making your own wipes allows you to choose which ingredients go into them, ensuring that they are gentle on your child’s skin.
3. They Are Super Soft And Absorbent. Store-bought baby wipes are often made from synthetic materials that are stiff and dry. Making your own wipes will result in soft, absorbent cloths that will keep your child clean and comfortable.
4. They Are Eco-Friendly And Recyclable. Not only are homemade baby wipes environmentally friendly, they also tend to be recyclable once they have been used once.
What Makes a Baby Wipe?
Wipes are one of the most important things a new parent can have. They’re versatile, easy to use, and can take care of everything from boogers to spit-ups. But what makes a good baby wipe?
There are a few things to consider when choosing wipes for your little one. They should be soft, thick enough to clean your child’s skin but not so thick that they leave a residue, and disposable so you don’t have to worry about putting them in the trash. Here are four of the best baby wipes on the market:
1. Seventh Generation Baby Wipes: These wipes are made with natural ingredients like grapefruit oil and chamomile extract, which make them gentle on your child’s skin.
2. Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Baby Wipes: These wipes are hypoallergenic and perfect for babies with sensitive skin.
3. Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes: Made with water and plant-based ingredients, these wipes are environmentally friendly and gentle on your child’s skin.
4. Softbums Diapers Wet Wipes: These wipes are designed to be gentle on your baby’s delicate skin
Ingredients You’ll Need to Get Started
To make baby wipes out of what you already have at home, you’ll need: a clean cloth or towel, water, and a baby wipe container. To make the wipes themselves, wet the cloth or towel and wring it out. Add enough water to cover the cloth or towel and wring it out again. Pour the mixture into the baby wipe container and use as needed.
Making the Wipes: Step by Step Instructions
If you’re short on time or just don’t have any baby wipes handy, you can still make your own using what you already have in your house. Here’s how to do it:
1. Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
2. Add enough soap to cover the wipes and stir until the soap is dissolved.
3. Simmer the wipes for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are soft and pliable.
4. Remove the wipes from the pot with a slotted spoon and let them cool slightly.
5. Place the wipes into a large plastic bag and seal the bagwell tightly.
6. Store the wipes in a dry place for later use.
How To Use Your Wipes
Looking for a way to use your wipes without having to go out and buy new ones? Look no further than this simple tutorial on how to make baby wipes out of what you already have at home. By using these simple steps, you can create a handy stash of wipes that will last for quite some time.
First, gather up all of the materials that you will need: old, unused baby wipes, a container to store them in, and a microwave bowl or cup. Once everything is ready, place the baby wipes into the container and microwave them on high for 30 seconds. Be sure to stir them around after they have been microwaved in order to ensure even heating.
Once they have been microwaved, remove them from the container and let them cool down for a few minutes. Now it is time to start using them! Simply take a handful of wipes and dry off any surface that you need cleaned. Be sure to rub firmly into the surface so that all of the dirt and debris are removed. Finally, wipe off any excess moisture with a fresh wipe.
These easy steps will help you get more use out of your old baby wipes and save you money at