Your child’s paediatric dentist can help your child develop a healthy mouth and enjoy dental checkups throughout childhood. The best paediatric dentists will provide a wide range of services, offer unique treatments and have a wealth of experience for your child. Do you wonder if your child should still see a Pediatric Dentistry Glenview? If so, the following can help you determine if this is the right choice for your family:
1) Paediatric dentists are experts in caring for the unique needs of kids, teens, and children with special health care needs
The paediatric dentist is a general dentist who has completed a specialized training program to provide dental care to children and adolescents. The paediatric dentist performs routine dental exams, treats cavities and gum disease, performs preventative dental services and may also offer fluoride treatments to help prevent tooth decay.
Paediatric dentists have special training in the development and treatment of oral health problems unique to children. They use the knowledge to develop dental plans that address various issues including childhood caries (cavities), orthodontic treatment, birth trauma, cleft lip and palate repair, feeding issues, dental disease prevention techniques, fluoride treatments and early childhood caries screening.
2) Paediatric dentists know how to put kids at ease
They get trained to use gentle techniques so that they can help kids relax.
Children are always nervous about going to the dentist, but paediatric dentists have a way of making them feel comfortable.
- The techniques paediatric dentists use to ease kids’ fears include:
- Using gentle touch
- Using soothing music
- Encouraging children to tell their own stories about their teeth and gums
3) Pediatric dentists treat kids, teens and children with special health care
Pediatric Dentist Glenview treats kids, teens and children with special health care. Some of the conditions that paediatric dentists can treat include:
- Children with cleft lip and palate (SURGICAL)
- Children with cleft palate (ORTHODONTIC)
- Children with dental anomalies and syndromes (DIAGNOSTIC)
- Children and adults who have had previous dental problems (REVIVAL)
- Children and adults who have had previous orthodontic problems (REVIVAL)
4) Paediatric dentists understand how the teeth and mouth change over time
Children’s Dentistry Glenview can advise parents on how to help their children develop good eating and oral habits, including brushing after meals and flossing once a day. They can also help with proper brush and toothpaste safety, which includes avoiding using it on younger siblings. With care, your child’s teeth can last a lifetime!
5) When your child sees a paediatric dentist, you can rest assured that their teeth are in good hands
Children’s oral health is crucial for their overall health and development. When their teeth are healthy and strong, their bodies can grow well and work optimally. When their teeth are missing or weak, they may not be able to eat as well as they need to, which can affect their growth and development more than anything else would.
You’ll find Children’s Dentist Glenview who will treat your child’s whole mouth – not just the front teeth!
The bottom line is you should see a dentist with whom your child feels comfortable. If a paediatric dentist is that individual, then great. Ensure your child visits the Dental Clinic Glenview at least twice a year to monitor their developing mouth.