Most people are facing the problem of addiction to a specific mental disorder. It is a common problem that is seen in young people. In the long run, the problem can even turn out to be severe and impact the family relationship. Getting treatment for the issues at the right time is necessary for the person. People plan to go for dual diagnosis treatment to recover from the issues.
What is Dual Diagnosis?
A dual diagnosis is a situation in which the diagnosis of the two issues is in a person simultaneously. For example, one of the two issues is related to mental health disorders, and the other is substance use disorder.
Co occur mental health disorders.
A high percentage of people are facing addiction problems and mental disorders at the same time. In this situation, getting the detail of the accurate issue is a must to reach the goals at the right time. Some of the common issues that might occur with the addiction problem are as follows:
Schizophrenia is mainly a high-level of the mental disorder that affects the person’s overall behavior. It is a problem that can occur with the addition of alcohol and drugs. Some common symptoms of people who are facing such issues are :
- Twisted view of the reality
- Hallucination in both seeing and hearing
- The overall effect on behavior
- Change in the way of thinking
The overall effect on the personality will be there if the patient faces bipolar disorder. The person with such issues will notice a timely change in their behaviors and mood swings. They are mainly of different types based o the level of the patients. Common symptoms of the issue include
- The patients feel like they are having the problem of depression in the case of the first type of bipolar disorder.
- In Bipolar disorder two, the maniac episodes are comparatively fewer in number and more amount of depression episodes.
- Patients who have had the symptoms of depression for more than two years generally face the problem of Cyclothymic.
A Warning Sign of Diagnosis
- Irrational nature
- Instant change in behavior
- Avoidance taking treatment
- A break up from the family and friends
- Not performing well in the workplace
If the person is facing any of the issues in their daily life, then they can plan to go for dual diagnosis treatment. The person needs to be careful in choosing the professional for the treatment. As the matter is of health, a decision needs to be taken with proper consultation.