Sleep is one of the most important factors in overall health and quality of life! In order to get a good night’s rest, you’ll need a pillow, ear plugs, and a fan – but it can be difficult to find all three on the same day. Here’s an easy hack that will make your DIY ear plugs work twice as well!
Why You Should Sleep With Ear Plugs
Ear plugs are one of the best ways to sleep soundly. They help block out noise and keep you from being disturbed by outside sounds. But if you’re like most people, you don’t use ear plugs all the time. Here’s a super simple DIY ear plug hack to sleep sky-high:
When you go to bed, insert one end of the earplug into your ear and the other end into the mouthpiece of the earplug. Now blow into the mouthpiece to inflate it. You’ll now have an airtight seal between your ears and the earplug, perfect for sleeping soundly!
How to Make DIY Ear Plugs
Ear plugs are a great way to sleep soundly, and they’re also a popular DIY project. If you’re looking for a simple and effective way to make your own ear plugs, check out this hack.
First, gather some materials you’ll need: an old pair of headphones, some adhesive tape, and some fake ears.
Remove the ear cups from your old headphones, and cut out a piece of adhesive tape that’s big enough to cover both ears. Make sure the sticky side is facing outwards.
Place one fake ear on each headphone cup, so that the ear tips are touching the adhesive tape. Press down firmly to secure the ears in place.
Now it’s time to make the plug itself. Cut a small hole in one end of the adhesive tape, and thread it through the hole in the headphone cup. Pull tight to seal the hole. Repeat with the other headphone cup.
Finally, put your new ear plugs to use! You can wear them while you sleep, or anytime you need some peace and quiet. Enjoy your sound-free slumber!
When and Where to Use DIY Ear Plugs
If you’re like most people, you’re probably familiar with the sound of sleep-deprived people hacking and coughing in their sleep. And if you’re anything like me, you’re also familiar with the dilemma of trying to get some much-needed shut-eye while all those around you are snoring and wheezing.
The good news is that there’s an easy way to avoid all of this noise – and it’s a lot cheaper than buying an overpriced pair of earplugs. All you need are some basic supplies, including some sturdy fabric and a pair of scissors.
Here’s how to make your very own DIY ear plugs:
- Cut a piece of fabric that’s about twice the size of your ears. Make sure the fabric is sturdy enough to block out noise, but not so stiff that it won’t fit comfortably inside your ears.
- Place the fabric inside one ear, making sure that the edges of the fabric are tucked behind your earlobe. Hold the fabric in place with one hand while using your other hand to cut off any excess fabric.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the other ear. You should now have two pieces of fabric
Alternative Uses for DIY Ear Plugs
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think of ear plugs as anything other than a way to block out noise when you’re trying to get some shut-eye. But with a little creativity, you can use DIY ear plugs in all sorts of other ways! Here are six alternative uses for DIY ear plugs that you might not have considered before:
- Keep your pets calm during fireworks displays: If you’ve ever had to deal with a screaming dog or shrieking cat during a fireworks display, you know how disruptive they can be. Try using DIY ear plugs to keep your pets calm and quiet this holiday season! Simply place some cotton balls in each ear and insert the plugs. The sound of the fireworks will still be blocked, but they won’t be able to disturb your pet any more.
- Block out loud noises when baking: Did you know that baking can be really loud? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, baking is one of the most common causes of noise complaints in homes. To avoid annoying your neighbors or disrupting your sleep, try using DIY ear plugs when baking this holiday season. Simply take a stack of old phone books and cut out the pages that fit comfortably
Ear plugs are one of the most important items in any prepper’s toolkit. Not only do they help you fall asleep faster, but they can also keep you safe from noise pollution while you sleep. Unfortunately, traditional ear plugs can be a pain to use and often don’t fit well. If this is your situation, check out our simple DIY ear plugs hack that will allow you to sleep like a baby without any problems.